Geelong Radio Control Car Club Incorporated Membership Application / Renewal Form
Scale Motorsports Are Dangerous
I agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the event and the provisions of the Geelong Radio Control Car Club Inc.
In exchange for being able to attend or participate in the event, I agree:
• To release GRCCC promoters, sponsor organizations, land owners and leasees, organizers of the event, their respective servants, officials,
representatives and agents (collectively, the Associated Entities”) from all liability for my death, personal injury (including burns), psychological trauma,
loss or damage (including property damage) (“harm”) howsoever arising from my participation in or attendance at the event, except to the extent prohibited by law.
• That GRCCC and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty, implied or expressed, that the event services will be provided with due care and
skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied; and
• To attend or participate in the event at my own risk.
I/We acknowledge that:
• The risks associated with attending or participating in the event include the risk that I may suffer harm as a result of:
• Remotely controlled scale models (or parts of them) colliding with other scale models, persons or property;
• Acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the event; and
• The failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grandstands, fences and guard rails) to ensure the safety of persons or property at the event.
• Motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
Family Memberships include 2 parents and all children under 18.
Family Memberships entitle one, singular vote at any Annual General Meetings or General Meetings.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in events being provided by the Geelong Radio Control Car Club Inc
MEMBERS CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Safety is our number one concern at GRCCC therefore it is essential that anyone entering the area bordered by the hedge, the orange buntings and the fence behind the drivers stand MUST be wearing ENCLOSED FOOTWEAR. Thongs, sandals or open toed footwear inside the designated area are NOT permitted at any time during a race meeting. Spectators should also not be within this area, if you see someone who isn’t racing or marshaling inside the area please politely ask them to leave the area and explain that it’s for their safety.
2. All inappropriate behavior will not be accepted, for example, swearing, verbal or physical abuse, threatening actions towards others, alcohol or other elicit substances, any racial, discrimination, religious, personal or physical abuse.Any complaints, written or verbal will be addressed and assessed by the committee and appropriate penalties will be taken.These may include; warning, race & points deduction, membership cancellation, club bans.
3. Adhere to the race director or the timing systems call; ensure you are ready to race as races will not be paused.Once your race is complete immediately go out to marshal at any of the designated marshaling areas.
4. It is not the responsibility of the marshal to fix the car or return it to the pit lane, any yelling on the drivers stand towards the marshal or to other drivers will NOT be tolerated, penalties will apple (see point 2). If a car is still able to continue the marshal will place it on its wheels to allow the driver to continue. If a car is unable to continue the marshal will remove it from the track and place it on its roof next to your marshaling position where the driver can come and collect it post-race.A driver is not allowed to leave the drivers stand during any race, if your car is undrivable take steps back so avoid interfering with drivers in any way. A pit crew member can collect the car if undrivable and/or attempt to repair the car at any time during the race in a safe location away from the marshal and track.
5. It would be appreciated that all attendees assist with the setup and pack down of the track during race days.Track is closed to all cars until the track is setup.
6. NO cars are permitted to drive on the track without a body shell at any time NOR are you permitted to drive “backwards” against the nominated track direction.
7. Race entries will be called and begin at 9am, we will also accept entries via any form of media that is associated with the club such as Facebook, email, Messenger, Whatsapp, SMS etc.You will not be allowed to enter once race entries have been called closed.All drivers must pay at the time of entry either via cash or EFTPOS.
8. Anyone that is caught or alleged to be stealing or thieving will be immediately suspended pending investigation. Penalties will include; warning, race & points deduction, membership cancellation, club bans.
9. The Race Director will be observing all races and will penalise any driver that acts in a manner deemed unsportsman like such as; crashing into another car, no readdressing, blocking, cutting corners to gain advantage, inappropriate behavior on the drivers stand, causing an incident where another driver is disadvantaged etc.The Race Director has the final say and will apply penalties such as: 1st and only warning, stop and go, disqualified from the race, disqualified from the race meeting.
10. All forms of Social Media should be restricted to event matters only. They must not offend, intimidate, humiliate, slander etc any member of the club, club official or general public. Communications should also seek to protect the privacy of members and must not bring the club or sport into disrepute. Electronic communication regarding people under 18 years of age will require express permission of the parents or guardians.
11. Any vandalism, premeditated or intentional damage to property belonging to either the Geelong Radio Control Car Club or Bell Park Sports Club will be bought to the attention of the GRCCC and BPSC board members and a suitable punishment will be actioned.
12. All key holders of the GRCCC are the sole owners and will not pass the keys onto anyone else without express permission from the president.